Monday, January 23, 2012

Diagnosed

Monday, January 16, 2012
I was diagnosed with
CELIAC DISEASE.

It's not the end of things for me at all.
If anything it's the beginning of a new and wonderful life for me.
A re-birth so to speak.
{And anyone who has been diagnosed with CD knows exactly what I'm talking about}

I saw this posted at to the bottom of someones email and it rang so true...
I am NOT Celiac, I have Celiac Disease, it does not define who I am.
and I would have to say that's exactly how I feel.


So happy to finally have confirmation.

After going Gluten Free I pretty much knew I had it
because the improvements in my physical and mental health were nothing less than
miraculous.

Hearing it from my doctor and seeing it on paper was just confirmation
of what I already knew. But sometimes it's just good to see and hear it.

So now we move on with getting the girls tested.
These beautiful young ladies are what my fuels my drive!
My only wish is for them to be 
Healthy - Happy - Safe

Appointments are scheduled!
Time off arranged!

Blood work is going to be a real beast of a task with the little one.
She is seven and wants nothing to do with needles. 
UG!

Wish us luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment