Thursday, August 16, 2012

Do you know what's really on your table/plate/tongue?

I know Fridays are supposed to be Inspiration Friday's with an image and possibly a short blurb but this Friday I have to share something I feel is critically important to get out.
And that is...
Do you really understand what you are eating?

Let me explain.

 Going Gluten Free has opened my eyes to more than just gluten in the foods we eat. It has opened my eyes and broadened my vision and honestly what I've seen has scared the hell out of me.

Ever since my diagnosis I have been on a mission to learn as much as I can about the foods my family ingests and it's just so shocking what I've learned and continue to learn daily.  When I think back on my grocery shopping days before I was diagnosed I picture myself pushing a cart through the isles blind folded and raking food off the shelves into my cart.
Oblivious. Just buying. No label Reading.

I'm being very honest here when I tell you this. 

I AM SCARED

I'm scared of what I've unknowingly done to myself and my family. For years I have mindlessly placed dangerous food on my table all because I trusted and believed if it was in the grocery store it had to be regulated and safe. Oh how I have been so wrong.


Sadly our food supply is being manipulated and controlled by scientists and the big companies who employee them.
It's more about money than safety.

I refuse to allow my family or myself for that matter to continue being a human science project.
  
MY HOPE

My hope is that I can reverse the ill affects these chemicals have imposed on our bodies with fresh organic Non-GMO foods.
If it's too late for me hopefully making these changes now in my children's diet will help them long after I am gone. I want them to know what I know and understand that food is here to nourish us not make us sick. It's so important for me to teach them that we have to be vigilant and read and learn as much as we can so we can remain healthy. 

SHARING really is CARING

Special thank you to my awesome friend Shane over at Environmental Booty for sharing this short must see video on her blog this week.  I now pay it forward and share it with you.


Genetic Roullette

No comments:

Post a Comment