Friday, February 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

These cookies are just delicious.
The kids loved them and so did the Hubs and I.
They are great in lunch boxes. Make fantastic after dinner desserts or 
simply
satisfy that sweet tooth.
Just ask my kids.
We definitely give this 5 STARS!!!

I found this recipe on 
Whole Foods 
website and it came with a lot of 


and the greatest thing is...

This gluten-free version of a classic does not require a special flour blend; it can be assembled with Basic Pantry Staples
{and a sprinkle of love}

OH JOY!!!!

Ingredients

1 large egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Beat together egg, sugar, baking soda and vanilla in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or with a hand-held mixer. Beat in the peanut butter. Stir in chocolate chips if using
or sprinkle with a little sugar like I did.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, pressing lightly with the back of a fork.
Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly set. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Nutrition

Per serving (3 cookies): 200 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 6g protein, 19g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 20mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium

Want to check out the recipe online at Whole Foods?
visit

Hope you enjoy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try them! Just talked to my sister n' law and found out that she makes these yummy treats for her hubby and daughter even though she is not a big peanut butter fan,(not to mention they are not gluten free peeps), but says they think she is awesome for making them...so stay tuned, making them definitely for "Super Bowl Sunday"...I want to be special and cool too, ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome. Let me know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe. It is one of the first my sister shared with me after I had to go gf! So easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right DesertHen!! This recipe is so yummy and so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete