Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Run/Walk Must Haves



Walk, Power Walk, Jog or Run
These are my must haves that go with me every time I hit the pavement!

My husband actually chuckled when he saw the post I was working on. I don't know if he thought the picture was funny or the topic. 
Whatever the case let me state for the record that I am not a model.
{I don't have to tell you that but it does make me feel better to state the obvious. :)}
And secondly, I don't think there is anything funny in sharing awesome products with your friends.
Do you?
I mean gosh that's how we find out about most of our favorite items.
Right?

So let's take a closer look at the items in
My Run Must Haves
and see why they made the most wanted list.


EYE WEAR
The sunglasses I scooped up at Walmart for like $10. I don't know if they are for ladies or men but they are Sport Sunglasses and fit nicely on my face, they're not tight on my head and never move when I run.
They are perfect for me and what I need. I may spring for a more expensive pair down the road but for now these are perfect.


NIKE DRI-FIT RIBBED TANKS
 I just bought this Ribbed Nike Tank at Sports Authority and I love it. 
I actually got two of them a black one and the red one I am wearing in the picture.
They are DriFit and really do pull the sweat right off of you.
I love that they are fitted to flatter our girlie figures and much longer than others I have tried on.
I have to give these tanks a big thumbs up!
Great job Nike.
I couldn't find these on Amazon but you can find them here on the Nike site.
and they come in 4 pretty colors


RUN TRAINING PRO APP
I have been using this app since December and I really love it. It has everything I need and isn't overly complicated with features.
It contains 5k, 10k, Half and Full Marathon training modes and allows you to race against yourself 
on routes and distances you have conquered before.
It has a nice GPS map that shows you the route you ran and contains lots of stats about your runs.
Calories, Time, Speed, Max Speed, Distance..
you know all the good stuff.
It's also super motivational to go back and see where you were in the weeks or even months past and
gives you a beautiful since of accomplishment.
So you can say... Hey! I really am improving!!! 

It's well worth the $2.99.
Click here to jump to your iTunes store for more app information on Run Training Pro.
RUN SHORTS
I'm always on the lookout for a great comfy pair of run shorts that are not too short.
These new balance shorts I love .Like most other run shorts they have built in panties a
little key pocket and drawstring.
These keep me cool, they are relaxed and not too short.
Perfect Pair!

RUNNING SHOES
I can not stress enough the importance of a good pair of running shoes.
Picking out the perfect pair can be daunting. So this time 
I went to FleetFeet in Altamonte Springs and let them do all the work for me.
They helped me by taking multiple measurements of my feet while sitting and standing and then had me run on a treadmill to record my gate so they could analyze how I land on my feet.
All this information combined allowed them to help me find the perfect pair of running shoes for me!
They were incredibly knowledgeable, very kind and patient and listened to me until we found the perfect pair.
I won't go anywhere else for running shoes.
Simply put they were awesome!!

SOCKS
I had no idea how important a good pair of socks were until I talked to the folks at FleetFeet.
Did you know the naked foot temperature is 94 degrees. The non-active foot in a shoe has a temperature of 105-125 degrees!! This temperature increases with activity level. 
So get some nice Lycra socks by Feetures that will pull the sweat away from your feet and help prevent blisters and soggy gross feet at the end of your runs!
Now that I wear these awesome socks when I take my shoes off after a run my feet feel fantastic!

SPI-BELT
One of my favorites is the SpiBelt! Just look at everything this baby can hold!!
I've had it for years now and it's still holding up great.
Trust me this little number is well worth the $19 and you won't be disappointed in the least.
SPORTS BRA
Currently I run in a Marika Bra from Target. 
It's fits me well and prevents movement and wasn't super expensive either.
I think it was around $19.
But I'm always on the lookout for a great sports bra so if you have suggestions let me know!

In closing I have to let you know
 I also use a great sweat proof sunscreen every time I head out too.
Recently I've been using Coppertone's Sport SPF 50 lotion.

And Most Importantly
My playlist of songs to keep me inspired on my runs!
You can check out my current play list at the link below. 

WOW!!
This post turned out to be a whopper! haha
Sometimes I can get a tad long winded however all the information I included I feel was needed.
And remember you don't have to be a champion runner to get out and push yourself.
Start slow and enjoy the time out and in no time you will be running circles around your kids!
{Trust me I do that now! :)}

Hope you have enjoyed my run must haves
and if you saw something you really like you can jump and grab a few of the awesome items I mentioned above by simply clicking the link below!!!





Now get out there and put some miles behind you!


No comments:

Post a Comment