Friday, May 4, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning


 
Ok I really love this quick and easy do-it-yourself taco seasoning mix.
Any time I can make something myself and see what is going into it I will.

Here's all you need.

1 T Chili Powder
2 t Onion Powder
1 t each - Ground Cumin - Garlic Powder - Paprika - Powdered Oregano and Sugar
1/2 t Salt


Just brown your ground beef, remove any excess fat.
Add your seasoning and 1/4 cup of water and stir.
{You can play with the amount you want to add to your ground beef}
Cover and bring to a simmer stirring often until well incorporated into the meat. 
And that's it!

 ---- just so you know -----
I use the whole packet but I usually do more than just a pound of ground beef also.

Chop up your favorite veggies and serve on corn tortillas with some lime cilantro rice!
Easy Dinner!

Helpful Tip
 Mix up a couple of bags of seasoning mix and store in your pantry for nights when you need a quick meal.



2 comments:

  1. Hubby and I just made the taco seasoning...can I (we) just say...yummolicious!!! No more pre-made packaged seasoning mix for us. Can't wait to try the next recipe. I think we are just going to go down your list. Thanks for all you do to help all of us gluten free folks to eat good food and stay safe!!! Lovin' your blogs...Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you guys like this recipe. I don't buy store packaged taco seasonings anymore either. It's super easy to make and with stuff that you normally have on hand.

      I can't wait to hear what else you try!

      Delete